If you've ever had this experience, you know that we do it for the kids. They're the ones that drive the excitement in the club and motivate us to work harder (and longer hours) for them! I'd like to share some tools that have either helped me with my organizational skills and productivity, and/or improved the member recruitment and retention.
Oh, and in case you were wondering, here are some clubs that I've sponsored/coached:QR Codes
- National Honors Society
- Future Business Leaders of America
- DECA (Marketing club)
- Post a QR code on your club bulletin board.
- Print QR codes on meeting notes.
- Make a large calendar in the classroom or bulletin board with QR codes on the days.
- All these can be scanned to:
- download important dates directly to their calendars
- open a map to a competitive event or charity event
- open a website
- open a document using TagMyDoc
- check out the links below for MANY more ideas!
6. Excellent links to resources & videos:
QR Code Generator - QRstuff.com
Make a poster of an ifaketext conversation about a club meeting. This one really got their attention!
Have students use Quizlet to make flash cards to study for competition. They can use the website or download the app (iOS or Android). Bonus!! Some "sets" of flashcards have already been created! Just search for a subject and BAM! You've got a set of flashcards ready to study!